Preoccupation with Daily Life
interrupted by Christ's Return?
In Revelation 18's Babylon, unsaved people will be
The ACTIVITIES HARMONIZE
In Luke 17
LIFE AS USUAL
“on the day”that Jesus Returns
●financing (v. 11-16; requires a working international banking system)
●producing (v. 11-16; requires a viable capital, management & labor system)
●profit making (v. 17; “great” wealth requires “great profit”, and assumes a global marketplace)
●international commerce (v. 19; “ships at sea” require cargo & crews, fuel & maintenance, ports, etc.)
●entertainment industry (v. 22; assumes leisure time, events production & celebration venues, etc.)
●business & industry (v. 22; requires training, systems management, production & distribution, etc.)
●food processing (v. 22; requires millage & processing plants, refrigerated transport, etc.)
●power & utilities (v. 23; requires energy sources, generating plants & infrastructure)
●family life, love & marriage (v. 23; assumes a sense of confidence about the future)
●merchant stores (v. 11, 15, 23: requires a system of goods & services production, advertising & retail, etc)
The Graph Below shows the fulfillment of the Luke 17 "life activities" in those activities that exists in Babylon when it is destroyed at the close of the Tribulation
The “Peace & Safety” Scene Occurs At The Death Of The Two Witnesses
“Peace & safety” at the end of the Great Tribulation? Revelation 11:10 shows just such a scene. “And those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them and make merry; and they will send gifts to one another, because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth.” This is clearly a cry of “peace & safety” from the torment of the 2 Witnesses. The “peace & safety” delusion of 1 Thes. 5:3 does not require an ‘era’ of peace & safety; but it does require a global delusion that peace & safety has arrived, a delusion that is punctured by the explosion of the Day of the Lord. That is precisely what we read in Rev. 11:9-10, 15.
The Convergence of the “Peace & Safety” Passages
We have seen that 1 Thessalonians 5:1-3, Luke 17:28-30, Revelation 18, and Revelation 11:7-12 all converge on a timeline that places them at the end of the Great Tribulation, just prior to the onset of the Day of the Lord. Note the graph below.
1. The 2 Witnesses torment the world of the Antichrist (Rev. 11:10) by their God-given ability to call down the Trumpet Judgments (11:6) during the 3.5 year Great Tribulation.
The “Peace & Safety” Scenario
2. The Antichrist slays them at the end of the Great Trib (11:7).
3. The entire planet erupts In joyous celebration for a period of 3.5 days—in anticipation that PEACE & SAFETY has at last arrived.
4. Then the 7th Trumpet (which triggers the 7 rapid-fire Bowl Judgments & the Day of the Lord-Return of Christ) is released to fulfill 1 Thes. 5:2-3—”While they are saying ‘Peace and safety’”... “the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night”...”suddenly like birth pangs upon a woman ... and they shall not escape.”
NOTICE: that quiet a number of events occur AFTER the Great Tribulation is “cut short” to its 3.5 year length. Things occur “after the Tribulation of those days.” (Mat. 24:29) Daniel 12:11-12 says there will be a 75-day interval between the 1260-day Great Tribulation and the opening of the Millennial Kingdom. One of the events which occurs during this brief interval is the “peace & safety” delusion, because the celebration of “peace & safety” (Rev. 11:9-10) happens AFTER the 2 Witnesses are killed at the END of the 1260 days. The Bowl Judgments/Day of the Lord which bursts this delusional bubble wide open must also occur during this time interval. (for other events during this period, see my book, The Sequence Of End Time Events).
When Does Jesus Return "like lightning"?
1. In Luke 17:24, the glorious appearance of the Second Coming of Christ “just as the lightning, when it flashes out of one part of the sky [and] shines to the other part of the sky” is a clear reference to His coming at the end of the Great Tribulation (see Matthew 24:27-30)
2. That appearance of lightning-like glory will happen on THE DAY that the Son of Man is revealed.” (Luke 17:31)
3. It is compared to THE DAY that Lot fled Sodom (v. 28-29).
4. Therefore, on the day of the Second Coming of Christ, at the end of the Great Tribulation, somewhere, someplace, there will be everyday eating, drinking, buying, selling, planting and building activities happening on the earth.
“DOUBLE REFERENCE” PROPHECY
The "days of Noah" are a double reference" prophecy in Matthew 24:37-39, having reference to both the Rapture and the Christ's Return to the Earth. Double reference prophecy, well attested in prophetic Scripture already, compresses the Rapture and Return phases of Christ’s Second Coming into a single prophecy without reference to the Rapture and Return having separate fulfillments years apart.
The compression of the two events into a single prophecy makes them appear to be a single event. The Old Testament prophets saw the “coming of Christ” to be a single event because the predictions of Christ’s coming in a manger and coming as a King were compressed “double-reference” prophecies.
The Second Coming prophecy of Matthew 24 fits the same mold, a Rapture and a Return appearing as one prophecy while separated in actual fulfillment.
Few laws are more important to observe in the interpretation of prophetic Scriptures than the law of double reference. Two events, widely separated as to the time of their fulfillment, may be brought together into the scope of one prophecy.
Dwight Pentecost, Things To Come, p.46.
LIFE AS USUAL
Prior to the 7th and Final Bowl, this is still possible. The same type of plagues are seen in the Egyptian Plagues during the Exodus--daily life persisted during the 10 plagues, the Egyptians even mustering an army to chase the Israelites to the sea. Likewise, the Antichrist will assemble an international army to Armageddon.
It is the 7 Bowl Judgments, as part of the Day of the Lord and 2nd Coming, which bring civilization to a halt, the 7th Bowl being the 'coup de grace'.
More Indications of Functional Life at the End of the Tribulation Period
Revelation 11:7-10--The Global Celebration#
●viewing TV/Internet (v. 9; requires a global communications network)
●celebrating worldwide in unison (v. 10; requires instantaneous communication)
●sending gifts/international shipping (v. 10; requires an intact global postal network)
●An international coalition of “all the
nations of the earth” gathered against Jerusalem in the Valley of
Armageddon (Zec. 12:3; 14:2; Rev. 16:16; 19:19)— requires the massive
transport of troops, machines & supplies, logistics & support,
food, water, munitions, communication, coordination, etc. over vast
areas of continents and oceans, in a VERY short window of time.
truth of this is made abundantly clear in the story of the plagues of
Egypt during the Exodus. Very similar plagues to those of the Trumpet
Judgments of Revelation did not compel the hard-hearted Egyptians to
belief in God, and they were able to send a fully functioning army of
chariots and horsemen after the Israelites. In the midst of plagues of
blood-water to hailstone bombardment, they watered and fed both the
troops and the horses and chased the Hebrews all the way to the Red Sea.
There, the Egyptians met their doom. The same will be the case when the
Antichrist raises up his international army and brings them on a
planetary rendezvous to Armageddon--and doom.
We can see a picture of
this, to a much lesser degree of course, when everyday life carried on in Asia
after the 2004 Indonesia tsunami (documented as “one of the deadliest
natural disasters in recorded history”), or when day to day life
continued after the 2011 Japan earthquake-tsunami, or when Superstorm
Sandy hit about 33% of the continental United States. Some sense of
normal life continued in 66% of the U.S.
The "Peace and Safety" Celebration and the Timing of the Two Witnesses
Look at the graph below. Note the circle in the middle—the Temple and the Abomination of Desolation. That is our chronological key to the major events of the Tribulation period. The Great Tribulation occupies the last half of the Tribulation period. It is 3.5 years long. Three time-terms refer to 3.5-years, as noted below. They all refer to the same 3.5-year Great Tribulation.
1. When the Antichrist commits the Abomination in the Temple,
the Jews flee, and the Great Tribulation begins. (Mat. 24:15-21)
2. The Great Tribulation begins the persecution of the saints by the Antichrist. This period will be limited to “time, times and half-a-time” according to Daniel 7:25. Revelation 13:5-7 states that the Antichrist will “make war with the saints” for “42 months.” Thus these two time-terms are equated.
3. Jesus warned the Jews to flee during this period (Mat. 24:15-21). The time period of the flight and divine protection of the Jews is referred to as both “1260 days” (Rev. 12:6) and “time, times and half-a-time” (Rev. 12:14). Thus these two time-terms are equated.
4. The great sacrilege of the End Time is the Abomination of the Temple (Dan. 12:11; Mat. 24:15; 2 Thes. 2:4). The two witnesses clothe themselves in sackcloth and protest this event for “1260 days”. The Abomination of the Temple is also the ultimate act that the Antichrist will employ to “tread under foot the holy city for 42 months.” Thus these two time-terms are equated.
The Great Tribulation equals 3.5 years, or time, times & half-a-time, or 42 months, or 1260 days
When Are The Two WitnessesSlain & Resurrected?
1. The appearance and ministry of the Two Witnesses of Revelation 11 occurs during the last 3.5 years —that is, during the Great Tribulation.
2. The proof is that the time-term, 1260 days, always refers to the Great Tribulation (see above), the same period as the ministry of the Two Witnesses.(Rev. 11:3)
3. For more proofs, see my book, The Sequence Of End Time Events (write & request, $15)